I wanted a cheerful start to my week but my morning ended a tad sombre after the study of Matthew 24. I left the building with reflections about my life. From the lecture, the heart was convicted about serving in a particular area and I couldn’t attribute it to coincidence anymore. There are just too many coincidences lately about an issue that I’m seeking the Lord in.
These are some statements/ questions that spoke to me this morning:
– The ability to stand firm and persevere comes not from our own strength. Only God can make it possible.
– Am I living in the hope of His return or am I living for the concerns of this earth?
– Am I spending my energy and thought on things that will pass away or am I living a life that is in anticipation of His return?
– Believing and living for Jesus make us ready for His return.
– It’s no good to be heavenly minded but of no earthly value. We are to give faithful service. True believers serve Christ by serving others, without reservation.
These thoughts kind of seal my decision in serving in a particular ministry in the church. I want to make my life count for eternity and as of now, I see a need in the Sunday School. I’m not sure if I can do a good job but that’s not the point at all. He will enable me to if I am willing to learn and let Him take charge.
Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” (Matthew 19:14)