Mixed berry tart
1 pack ready puff pastry, thawed if frozen
250g mascarpone cheese
1 tsp vanilla extract
Berries (strawberries, blackberries, raspberries – whichever you can get your hands on)
Fresh mint leaves, to decorate
1. Preheat oven to 200C. Lightly oil a large baking sheet.
2. Place puff pastry onto the prepared baking sheet and prick all over with a fork.
3. Bake for 15 minutes, until risen and golden brown (I took more than that). Flip the pastry over, then press down all over to flatten. Bake fore 5 more minutes, until the pastry is flaky, cooked through and golden. Transfer to a wire rack and let cook completely, about 1 hour.
4. Beat the mascarpone with the vanilla extra until smooth. Spread it evenly over the pastry.
5. Place the fruit in a bowl and sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar. Toss gently and then spoon over the mascarpone cheese. Decorate with the mint.
Linking up with