20 questions pertaining to my pregnancy.
1. Was your pregnancy planned, and how old were you?
We just came back after the hubs completed his studies and thought we should start a family. We let nature takes its course. I was 33.
2. What were your reaction?
Mixed feelings. Happy yet at the same time, scared.
3. How did you find out you were pregnant?
I missed my period. I have never missed my period for more than a week. And I felt different and bought a pregnancy kit. So…
4. Who did you tell first?
5. Did you find out the sex?
Yes. We did the Amnio test.
6. Did you have morning sickness?
Nope, not at all.
7.What did you crave?
Spicy stuff like laksa and tom yum soup and fruits.
8. Who / What irritated you the most?
9. Did you wish you had a different gender from what you obtained?
Nope! I wanted a girl all along!
10. How many kilos did you gain during the entire pregnancy?
11. Where did you think the baby was conceived?
My father-in-law’s. We were staying there then.
12. Did you have any complications during the pregnancy?
Nope. It was life as usual. The hubs reminded me that it was not without complications. The baby was at high risk for Down Syndrome and we decided to go for an amnio test to determine it. Nearer to the delivery date, baby was still not engaged which baffled my gynae and he suspected that the umbilical cord was wound around Faith’s neck and advised us to induce. When Faith was delivered, the umbilical cord was indeed wound, two rounds, around her neck. Phew!
13. Where did you give birth?
Parkway East Hospital.
14. How many hours were you in labour?
15. Who watched you give birth?
The hubs, gynae and nurses.
16. Was it natural, or C-Sect?
17. Did you take medication to ease the pain?
Does nitrous oxide count?
18. When was your child born?
20 Nov 2012.
19. What is her name?
Faith Quek Jo-Ann
20. How old is she today?
She’s 18 weeks and very active.