I’ve been wanting to make pancakes for breakfast after having them at Chye Seng Huat that Saturday. I want to see if I could create the same type of pancakes and since today the hubs could go to work later, I prepared them for our breakfast.
The taste is ok but they are not as fluffy as the ones we had. There’s a need for improvement. Otherwise, the breakfast is a hearty one. =)
Fluffy Hotcakes [Halve the portion for 2 person’s share]
Source: Chef at home: a taste of goodness
(Makes 10 to 12)
2 cups plain flour
4tsp baking powder
2 tbsp sugar
50g butter, melted
1 1/2 cups milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Blend all ingredients together for 1 to 2 mins until well mixed.
2. Heat a skillet and grease it lightly.
3. When skillet is hot, pour about 1/4 cup of batter onto the hot skillet; cook on low heat till the top surface bubbles. Flip hotcake over to brown the other side.
4. Continue till all the batter is used up.
5. Serve hotcakes with maple syrup or honey, and butter. I serve with fruits too.