These cookies remind me of Christmas. There’s white chocolate and cranberries – colours of Christmas and they are complete with pecan nuts. Easy to bake.
300gm white chocolate (cut up into chunks – big and small)
100g unsalted butter
50g brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
180g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
85g caster sugar
50g dried cranberries, cut into smaller pieces
50g pecan nuts chopped (or macadamia nuts or others could work)
1. Preheat oven at 180C.
2. Melt 85g of the choc in a double boiler, then cool a little
3. Beat butter, egg, sugars and vanilla with an electric beater until creamy
4. Beat in the melted choc
5. Stir in the flour, baking powder, cranberries, nuts and remaining chocolate to make a stiff dough
6. Using a tablespoon measure , drop small mounds well spaced on a lined baking sheet (silicone baking sheets work really well
7. Bake for 12 – 15 minutes
8. Allow to cool for 1 -2 minutes then put on a cooling rack.