I think these cookies are for adults. They are not sweet so kids won’t like them ( I think) but they have a certain character in them which I cannot explain.
Source: Keiko’s Okashi: Sweet treats made with love
220g cake flour
100g unsalted butter, softened
100g icing sugar
1/8 tsp salt
2 egg yolks
50g toasted white sesame seeds
50g toasted black sesame seeds
1. Sift flour, then place in the freezer to chill. Bake the sesame seeds at 150C without preheating for 10-15 minutes. Leave aside to cool.
2. Beat butter, icing sugar and salt until soft and creamy. Add egg yolks and mix well. Add flour and sesame seeds and fold in with a spatula.
3. Divide dough in half. Transfer each half to a piece of parchment paper and shape into a 12 x 7 x 2.5 cm rectangle. Wrap dough in cling film and chill in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
4. Preheat oven to 160C. Slice chilled cookie dough into 5 – 7 mm thick bars. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for about 20 minutes until golden brown. Let cool on a wire rack.
5. Store cookies in an airtight container to keep them crisp