Tucked along 1616 Commonwealth Ave, you would miss the restaurant if you are not observant enough. I passed by this eatery many times on my way to Whole Foods but realised its presence only until I bought a voucher from Restaurant.com.
We invited N Chan along since she is a Thai and would be able to determine if the food is authentically Thai and delicious. I must say we were not disappointed! We were served by very friendly waitresses and having N Chan with us is an advantage since she could use her native language to communicate with them and to recommend some of the local food to us. I especially like tod mun and crispy tamarind duck. Worth visiting!
Thai Ice Tea. Very sweet!
All the starters and soup
Crispy Tamarind Duck and the happy gals
Fried ice-cream. Coconut and Vanilla.
Bamboo Thai Restaurant
1616 Commonwealth Ave, Brighton, MA
..for the hubs to finish his class and then to head out for dinner with N chan, allow me to list the things I need/want to do when I reach my sunny island.
1. Have a cup of kopi kau siew tai, mee siam and kaya toast at Killiney.
2. Have a plate of Fried Carrot Cake (white pls. black later).
3. Facial (appointment made!)
4. Dental checkup (appointment made!)
5. Trim and have hair treatment. Oh! My poor hair. You have truly been mistreated.
6. Run along my favourite ECP.
7. Have a meal of home-cooked food at mom’s.
8. See my nephews and pinch Dallen’s cheeks.
9. Eat a bowl of Bak Chor Mee at Blk 511.
10. Eat lots and lots of FISH! I’m deprived of this white meat here.
11. Eat at Miharu!
12. Get iphone 4S.
13. Reconnect with cell group members again.
14. Bring dad to Church for Chinese service.
15. Have wanton mee at my uncle’s stall. His wanton mee is the best, much like the ones in Hong Kong!
16. Have teochew fish porridge at Marine Parade Food Centre.
17. Have Katong Laksa.
18. Get my bum on my bike again!
19. Meet up with prospective IDs.
20. Swim, swim, swim at my favourite pool! I need the tan!
We were both busy. He, with his studies and papers to write. I, with school and baking class. But what a sweet surprise I had when I went back home for a short rest before heading out for class.
The hubs was nowhere in sight (he’s in class) but his gesture filled my heart with warmth.
Spending each day with you is a sweet blessing. Looking forward to more wonderful years with you.