When you humble yourself and work in tandem with God, you’ll be amazed by the things He does.
When I was younger, I had lots of fear, mostly about abilities. Since I’m not that smart or eloquent, I would prepare excessively which caused me much stress. Gradually, I learnt to let go and let God. Since the apostle Paul wrote that God’s strength is made in our weaknesses (2 Cor 12:9), I’ve learnt that it’s better to recognise my weakness, not fret about it, give it my best shot and leave the rest to Him. When we totally submit ourselves to Him, the results are always amazing and He always exceeds expectations.
It’s silly to depend on our own strength to work things out in the kingdom of God. Since God has so much resources for us to tap on, why not use them?
A few things unfold before me:
1) At the table were men and women of much intellect and talents, but they also realised that the achievements and accolades paled in comparison with the glory and knowledge of God.
“Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ.” Philippians 3:8 (NLT)
2) I saw God using every one of us, whatever gifts and talents that He has endowed upon us to build up one another and to share the wonderful news. This night, I almost felt that we know what our gifts are and use them at the right timing.
God has given each of you a gift from his great variety of spiritual gifts. Use them well to serve one another. 1 Peter 4:10 (NLT)
3) Every one of us who has a relationship with the Lord God has a story to tell. It’s personal and individualised because God knows how to reach out to our innermost fears and concerns in His own way and time. We have a story to tell.
But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect… (1 Peter 3: 15)
4) I saw brothers and sisters united in one spirit and Christ is glorified that night. The love of God is so evident in everyone.
“Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples.” John 13:35 (NLT)
5) Amongst all other pleasures in life that God has granted, one of the greatest is to see others come to know Him and enter into a personal relationship with Him. That, is most rewarding.
“I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.” Luke 15:7
I saw God working mightily in every one of us; we were all in sync with the Spirit. It’s really a beautiful night and one that was filled with so much fun and laughter! You are awesome, God and really great to work with. Great teamwork!