I’m continuing with Italian, following Giada’s recipes. I love this lady. Not only is she beautiful and brainy, her recipes are really simple and thus helpful to those who are really not into the Italian cuisine yet aka yours truly.
I did not follow the recipe religiously though, primarily because I did not have some of the ingredients in myktichen. The solution? Substitution. I used chinkiang vinegar instead of balsamic vinegar and did without rosemary sprigs. The result? They were still delicious! I love it!!! Team the dish up with spaghetti and some salad and you have a healthy meal! =)
Ingredients (4 to 6 servings)
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup soy sauce
5 garlic cloves, halved
10 t 12 chicken drumsticks
2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
1. Combine the balsamic vinegar, honey, brown sugar, soy sauce and garlic cloves in a large resealable plastic bag. Shake and squeeze the contents of the bag to dissolve the honey and the brown sugar. Add the chicken srumsticks to the bag and seal. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
2. Preheat the oven to 450 F. Line a rimmed baking sheetwith aluminium foil.
3. Remove the chicken drumsticks from the bag, reserving the marinade and arrange them om the prepared baking sheet. Bake until the skin is caramelised and very dark in spots, 30 to 35 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, place the marinade in a small saucepan. Bring the marinade to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook over low heat until thick, about 15 minutes.
5. Use a pastry brush to brush some of the cooked marinade on the cooked chicken. Place the chicken on a serving platter. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds and the chopped parsley.