Fried rice is one of the easiest dish to create when one is hungry. Once you have your ingredients in place, the stir- frying would just take 10 minutes. You can any ingredients you want, and for this round, I used minced pork, cucumber and eggs.
Ingredients (for 2 pax):
150g minced pork (marinated with soy sauce & Shao Xing cooking wine)
3 cloves of garlic (chopped)
Spring onion, diced.
3 tbsp oil
A little salt
1 tsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp oyster sauce
1/2 tsp sesame oil
A little pepper (optional)
1. Cooked rice the night before and chill it. We often use left-over rice to do fried-rice as it gives better texture.
2. Heat the wok over high heat and add the oil. Add in the salt and garlic and constantly stir-fry.
3. Add in the minced pork and stir-fry until the pork turns a little cooked. The cooked pork create juice as they are cooked.
4. Add in the rice and stir-fry for about 2 minutes.
5. Create a well in the centre of the wok and crack in 2 eggs. Allow the eggs to be cook and then mix well with the rice mixture.
6. Add in the cucumber and spring onion and season with soy sauce, oyster sauce and sesame oil. Just before serving, add a pinch of pepper.
* Adding in the vegetables last helps to retain their bite.