2 chicken thigh fillets
2 tbsp finely chopped coriander stems
4-cm piece ginger, sliced into stripes
2 clove garlic, minced
1 red chilli, finely sliced
2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp black vinegar
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp sesame oil
3 tbsp peanut or corn oil
1) Prepare dressing by combining all the ingredients except the corn oil in a bowl.
2) Heat oil in a small, heavy-bottom pan until it starts to shimmer slightly. Turn off the heat and add the dressing ingredients. Stir to combine and set aside.
3) Choose a heatproof plate that will fit into your steamer. Arrange chicken on plate and steam for about 15 minutes, or until chicken is just tender.
4) remove and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
5) Drain off excess liquid from the chicken and transfer chicken to a chopping board. Chop chicken and arrange on a serving plate. Spoon over dressing and serve at room temperature.