Makes 1 serving
1 cod fish fillet (80g)
Salt, to taste
2 tsp rice wine
20g minced ginger
Whites of two eggs
1 tsp (5ml) sesame oil
1. Sprinkle cod fish with salt, and rub it into the meat evenly.
2. Before steaming, drizzle rice wine on the fish. Next, place some of the minced ginger on top of the fish. Place fish in steamer and steam for 6 minutes.
3. In a bowl, add a dash of salt to the egg white. Beat until frothy and remove the foam on the surface. Steam for 3 minutes over high heat, until the egg white thickens on the surface and turns opaque.
4. Just before the fish is done, heat the sesame oil in a pan until it begins to smoke. Pour the hot oil over the fish upon taking it out from the steamer.
5. Place the fish on top of the egg white custard and serve hot.