This is one of my favourite dessert that my mom cooks. I used this recipe from this source.
50g shelled ginkgo nuts ( I bought the canned one instead due to time constraints)
10g dried beancurd strips (fu chok)
50g rock sugar
75ml of water
2 eggs (beaten)
- Rinse the barley
- Break the beancurd strips into smaller pieces and soak in water for about 20 minutes. Drain and set aside
- Bring water to a boil and add the ginkgo nuts, barley and beancurd strips
- Cover the pot and boil for 15 minutes on high
- Lower heat and simmer for 1 hour
- Add the rock sugar and cook till dissolve
- Beat the eggs
- Remove the soup from the heat (important that this step is adhered to)
- Stream the beaten eggs into the soup before serving.